Mookum creates a world of innovative design and lifestyle products that are perfectly tailored to the needs of today’s consumers. On the Mookum platform, consumers can launch their ideas or needs to challenge designers to develop a new product that meets this need.
This process is also called “crowdsourcing”. Designers who accept the challenge can send their proposals online and consumers evaluate them by voting on their favourite entry. When there is enough demand for this product Mookum will take the necessary steps towards the interested factories and the product will be for sale via the website.
The consumer creates a solution for his or her problem and is at the centre of new innovations and development of new products. In addition, he/she will often benefit from ‘limited edition’ items. By buying the product, he/she will help launch the career of many young design talents.
Interaction in 5 steps
The interaction between customer, designer and Mookum proceeds in 5 steps.
(1) The consumer can upload his/her challenge via www.mookum.com.Mookum will launch the best “Design Challenges” towards house designers and young talents on a monthly basis.
(2) Designers can subscribe to the challenge and think up solutions!
(3) The designers can upload their best solution through the website.
(4) An internal jury makes a selection of the designs and places them online, so that you can decide by voting!
(5) The products will be taken into production, subject to a minimum number.